I was watching Lady Gaga on CBS’ 60 Minutes last week, and one thing she said in that interview that struck me, “I was teased throughout my school years by other kids, because I was different; it pained me greatly then, because I did not fit in. But, now I have dealt with that pain to become somebody different and awesome!” She is right; she IS awesome!
When Raj was born in 1951, his father Manmohan was 2 miles away, with his friends, buying them tea and snacks in celebration of the birth of his first son. Raj and his mother went to her parents house and Manmohan held his son for the first time two months after Raj’s birth. Raj remembers his father being at home but never playing with him or helping him with his homework. “Responsibility of the children is the woman’s job,” he remembers Manmohan saying. “I simply step in when they need to be disciplined.”
In spotlight today is Maitri, a non-profit organization in bay area helping South Asian women (and now men) in situations of domestic abuse, cultural displacement, or unresolved conflict.
They run support groups for survivors of abuse as well as people still in abusive relationships seeking a safe place to explore their feelings and operate a transitional home, an six bed facility for women (and their children) who have left abusive relationships and are on their way to rebuilding their lives.
I have over 500 friends and when I meet them all they want to know is how to work out with busy life . Most of them will say Ohh I have kids, house chores, Job and got no time to work out. There are few out there who works out everyday with their long list of chores. It really depends how you look at it, more you run away from it, your distance will double itself. Only Thing is we all are busy so we can support our family and give better choices to our life, however, if you really want to enjoy your life, your kids, your family and your heath.
Councilmember Ash Kalra earned his seat on the San José City Council in the November 4, 2008 election. He is amongst the first South Asian to hold a significant position in elected office. For 11 years, he worked as an attorney for the Santa Clara County Public Defender's Office representing indigent clients in Drug Court prior to being elected. He has also taught as a part-time professor at San Jose State University.
A large majority of my new clients come to me because they are facing a problem at work. In many cases it is their boss, sometimes it is their colleagues, it can even be their company and how it is being managed. Because I am also a life coach people sometimes bring to me their personal problems: spouse, relatives, and neighbors!
Shares of the social networking company LinkedIn doubled in price on the first day of its initial public offering last Thursday, prompting tech experts and stock watchers to call it a clear sign of a new bubble for Internet stocks. They may be right.
If you read my previous post http://bayareadesi.com/article/vipassana-path-freedom, you know that the practice of vipassana meditation opened up my mind to phenomenal personal growth and spiritual insight. The three take-away messages from the ten-day vipassana retreat were untie the noose of sense gratification, accept the reality of “change,” and unleash the grip of fear.
Why is it that one can look at a lion or a planet or an owl or at someone's finger as long as one pleases, but looking into the eyes of another person is, if prolonged past a second, a perilous affair? -Walker Percy, author (1916-1990)
Among the reported domestic violence cases, 50 to 60% of abuses are against women, the other 40% are against men. Many will see this 40% as a “laughing matter”, yet this is not the case because most people will be surprised to know that there are around 300,000 men abused in the United States every year. In fact, our law firm has won many VAWA cases where the men were the abused not the perpetrators and the ratio of men to women seems to back these figures. According to many, violence against men is one of the most under-reported phenomenon in our society.