Saraswati Puja 2012
Saraswati Puja is traditionally our occasion to see our children perform. We have numerous activities and talent shows planned for children this year.
Schedule for Saraswati Puja
11.00 AM- 1:30 PM - Saraswati Puja
12.0PM-12:20 PM - Kids Pujo
12.30 PM-1PM - Pushpanjali
1:00PM-1:30 PM - Hathe-khari
2:00PM-3:00 PM - Art Competition
1:00 PM-3:00 PM - Proshad/Lunch
3.00 -3:15 PM - Devotional Offering to Goddess Saraswati by Suranjali School of Music
3:30 -3:45 PM - Sur Chhandam, Children's Group Musical
4:00PM-5:30 PM - Bay Area Got Talent (Solo and Group Presentation )
- Solo Events
- Group events
6:00PM-7:00PM - Muktir Upay, A Dance Drama
We will host a number of events catering to all age groups, so prepare to showcase your talent!
Art Competition for different age groups:
- Ages 4 and under: Pick your own theme
- Ages 4-9: Theme is 'Family' - could be you and your family, could be animal families, could be families around the world. (Extra points for a creative title)
- Ages 9-15: Theme is 'Friendship' - could be you and your friends, friends around the world, friendship in the animal kingdom. (Extra points for a creative title)
- Ages 15-18: Theme is 'Leadership' - Men and women leaders of the past and the present, you and/or your friends in any leadership roles, importance of this quality portrayed through your creative artform. (Extra points for a creative title)
***All art work must be done at home and the finished work must be brought to the site by 1:00 pm latest on Jan 28th, 2012 to the registration desk. Please clearly print your child's name and age (and the title if any) at the back of the art work. Minimum size of the art work 8.5" by 11". Maximum size of the art work 11" by 14". Judging will not be based on poster size. Please kindly remind your child that participation is more important than winning.
Bay Area Got Talent
Session 1: Solo Items
- Vocal/ Instrumental/Dance/Recitation
- Each presentation not to exceed 3 min
- Participants will be assigned to appropriate age groups. Auditions will be held prior to the event.
Session 2: Team Items
- Vocal/ Instrumental /Dance/Recitations
- Each presentation not to exceed 5 min
- Auditions will be held prior to the event
There will be exciting prizes for the winners of each of these events. All participants receive a Certificate of Participation.