1. Protecting your privacy
* Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
* We use reasonable precautions to protect our users' personal information and to store it securely.
2. Data we collect
* When visiting our websites and signing up for certain services, there will be occasions when a user must first register. During registration, users may be required to give contact information (such as e-mail address, name, mailing address and phone number). We also may collect demographic information (such as job title and function, company information and professional certification and experience).
* We gather demographic information about our audience and use it to improve our service and for marketing and/or industry reporting purposes.
* We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Bay Area Desi's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
* Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Bay Area Desi's site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
* If users wish to subscribe to our e-mail newsletters, we ask for e-mail address. We use this information in the same manner as we use contact information in the registration process described above. Newsletter recipients can unsubscribe using the instructions listed in the confirmation e-mail and at the end of the e-mail newsletter.
* In order to best serve our customers, we may send updates that contain important information about our sites and services. We sometimes offer our users the option to receive information about our company and related products and services. Users can choose not to receive these communications.
* From time to time we may invite users to provide information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests would be completely voluntary. In addition to other uses set forth in this policy, contact information collected in connection with surveys and contests is used to notify the winners and award prizes, to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of the site, and may be shared with sponsors of such surveys or contests.
* Social Media, Community and Feedback
We provide discussion forums, blogs and other community-oriented features that enable you to communicate with others. To participate in bayareadesi forum, we require you to register with a valid e-mail address. We may use your e-mail address to contact you regarding your postings or to inquire about your community experience.
We also have many places where users can provide feedback and suggestions, for example, surveys that you may answer when you exit a product or service. Answering is optional. We combine your answers with those of others to better understand our products and how we may improve them.
We may also offer you the opportunity to share your experience with a review or other comment or provide you a service via various third-party social media such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Orkut, YouTube etc. in a number of text, video, and image formats. Registration with those services may be separately required.
Participation in social media is voluntary and you choose what you post. We recommend that you exercise discretion in posting information. Information that you post may be obtained and used by others. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public, such as by posting your contact information or email address. Remember, material and images uploaded to Internet sites may be copied, without consent, by people who access them.
3. Data we store
* All postings may be stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
* Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
* Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of BAY AREA DESI postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with BAY AREA DESI - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available Bay Area Desi's postings, including resumes.
5. Circumstances in which BAY AREA DESI may release information
*When we have co-branded, customized, private label, powered by or sponsored products and services, or when we join with other parties to provide specific services, we may share (provide and receive) personal information with them. On occasion and subject to our Permission policies, we may provide targeted lists of names and offline and online contact information for marketing purposes to third parties. We give users the option of not having their name or contact information disclosed to third parties.
* BAY AREA DESI may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Bay Area Desi we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We strive to maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure that the Information (as defined below) you share with use is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. When you are making purchases on our Website, we have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. Our databases are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized person in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Our information systems are maintained behind a firewall to isolate them from access by other networks connected to the Internet, and access to Information is granted only to employees who need the information to perform a specific job.
Because your credit card security is a high priority, we have taken numerous steps to ensure your payment information is processed confidentially. Our Websites use is secured during transmission using industry standard e-commerce security technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Once this User Information is received by us and/or our third party processing merchants, it is stored format is masked and/or encrypted.
We welcome your feedback on this document in our feedback.